Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Freud Speech

Here is my rough outline of my Freud speech, hope it was a good one.


My name is Sigmund Freud and I was born in Morovia, Austria on May 6 1856. I

founded psychoanalytic school of psychology, created the idea of Unconscious Mind and the

defense mechanism of repression. Sexual Desire is a concept here and so is my interpretation of

dreams; the connections with dreams and awake hours. I am the godfather of Psychoanalysis

and have a literary criticism that I call my own. My Freudian Criticism not only examines the

text, but also the author. On a base level of criticism you may find the run of the mill phallic

symbol in the text and the question of if the author consciously or unconsciously meant anything

by certain actions or objects in the text. On the next level is the use of psycho-biographic

analysis, which involves the authors childhood experiences, fantasies, the Oedipus complex, and

repressions that somehow effect the concepts within the text. Then there is Ego-analysis which

attempts to show the pleasure within artistic creation that the reader and the author experience.

As you can see I have constructed quite a few theories and works in my time and I would further

say that I am awesome; sorry there goes my ego agai

No comments: