Friday, December 12, 2008

I'm definately a Reader Response Critic

Even though I was assigned to be part of the Reader Response group for presentations, I know that I am a reader response critic in real as well. It has always been my opinion that everyone has his/her own side to a story and that people should put themselves in others shoes and really listen to the two sides of a story before they make a decision. How I read a book is vastly different than Frye reads a poem ( mostly on the fact that Frye will analyze everything in the book and find it's appropriate archetype ) and that is what makes stories so interesting! If all books were understood the same way, then there really wouldn't be any literary criticism classes now would there? So I'm thankful that all of us have our own interpretation of the text; it is very refreshing to hear multiple ways of looking at a text in a day that is full of routine and boredom.

No comments: