Friday, December 12, 2008

Frye, what a guy

Before reading Northrop Frye's "Anatomy of Criticism" I really had no idea of how the class was actually going to critique the required text. At first, his language and numerous claims about literature went way over my head. I don't think I really caught on to his writing for the first month, but when I finally did, I fully realized just how great of a job Frye has done in classifying all forms of literature. As I read on and on into his book, many "light bulbs" sprung up in my head regarding past books that I have read and what category they belong in. The truths of much of literature appeared before my eyes like they have been there all the time...and well they have. This is easily the most influential text regarding literature in my college career so far.

No comments: