Friday, December 12, 2008

Literature is Everywhere

When I heard Professor Sexson say this to me at the beginning of this course, I really didn't understand what it meant and honestly I didn't really believe that literature was in EVERYTHING. At the end of the course I can safely say that I finally understand the accuracy of this statement. Without literature, most things on Earth cease to function. See that math problem? If there weren't words and symbols to explain the equation ( thus literature ) you couldn't solve it. An archetect cannot fully portray the demensions of a building and the functions for each room without using English to write down the instrustions; it would just be a picture of a building without literature. I even put this quote about literature in my English Major Apology. I see now that English and literature are in everything; makes my job easier right? Or harder?

No comments: